Annual Carroll R. Gibson Memorial Scholarship Award
Dear Director of Financial Aid/Community Member,
The National Association of Black Narcotic Agents (NABNA) is a non-partisan non-profit organization of Federal, State, and Local law enforcement careerists. Annually, NABNA offers Scholarship Award(s) up to $5,000.00 per recipient. These scholarships are sponsored by NABNA and are merit based for students pursuing professional fields of study in Criminal Justice and/or public service. Applicants must be currently enrolled as an undergraduate student who will enroll in the school year 2023-2024 as a Sophomore, Junior, or Senior with any major that would support a future in public service. The award may be used at any HBCU to defray the cost of tuition, fees, supplies or room and board. The selection will be based on the following criteria:
(1) 300-500 Word Essay on, “How has the recent political climate changed your viewpoint of law enforcement? What do you propose to change the systemic problems on how law enforcement officers view people of color?
(2) 3.0 minimum grade point average
(3) School and community involvement
(4) Letter of recommendation from the a professor in your chosen major
(5) Full time class standing
(6) Personal/telephonic interview
Please upload an unofficial transcript, application, essay, letter of recommendation from a professor at their university. The letter of recommendation must be on an official letterhead and include name, phone number, and email address.
I appreciate any assistance that you can give in facilitating the timely dissemination of this information and material. The application and all other information must be received via email no later than June 30, 2023. If further assistance is needed, please feel free to contact Hope Jones at (202) 836-0013 or Matt Bryant at (267) 939-0444.
Hope Jones, Chairperson Scholarship Awards Committee